- Sweep or soft bristle vacuum your floors as needed.
- Mop with a lightly damp microfiber mop and a solution of water and white vinegar (10:1 ratio)
- Store bought cleaners should be certified by the NWFA or sold by a reputable hardwood flooring retailer.
- Some household “hardwood floor cleaners” contain oils or waxes that will leave a residue on your floor; avoid these products is they may prevent future maintenance coats.
- A recoat of your floor is recommended once every 5–7 years, or as needed. This can bring back the sheen and luster of your floor in between bare wood refinishings*.
- Maintain humidity levels between 30–40% in your home. Location and species can sometimes alter this figure.
*Certain finishes cannot be recoated